Today carpets are widely used in home and offices. Carpets give a feel of warmth, comfort and luxury. I must say today carpets are in top list of “must have” home décor elements. Almost everything around us require a regular cleaning and maintenance, so carpets as well to make it free from dirt particles and allergens.
Here we shall learn about two most commonly used cleaning methods for carpets: Steam Cleaning and Carpet Shampooing. Following are few noticeable facts for each of them.
Carpet Shampooing Method
The fundamental process of shampooing method is to generate foam to attract the soil and stubborn contaminants from the carpet. A shampooing machine is used with a solution tank and nylon brush. This machine release cleaning solution into the carpet and spin it in circular fashion with brush to create foam. This foam attracts the dirt and soil and then it vacuumed up.
Carpet shampooing method is very effective to removes deep grounded soil from the carpets. The circular scrubbing motion of the nylon brush allows reaching beneath surface of the carpet and removes the embedded dirt.
- It can be difficult to completely remove shampoo foam from the carpets. The extraction process is unable to eliminate 100% shampoo particles, resultant it remains sticky and damage fiber over the time.
- Sometime the circular scrubbing motion with high intensity harms the fiber of the carpet.
- This method needs a high drying time. Usually not used in winter or rainy season.
- Due to its high dying time it is not suitable for commercial or industrial places with heavy traffic.
Steam Cleaning Method
Steam cleaning method is a combination of pressure and heat. It uses a powerful vacuum system mounted with a truck. The cleaning agent and water boiled on a high temperature of 240 degree Fahrenheit, then this solution is sprayed with high pressure into the carpet, the high pressure solution breaks the stubborn bonding of fiber and contaminants and then the powerful vacuum suction extracts the solution and dirt back into the holding tank.
- The steam cleaning is the only method classified as “deep cleaning” because unlike the other methods, it removes contaminants from deep in the pile of the carpet and doesn’t leave large amounts of cleaning agent behind.
- Its high temperature steam also eliminates the harmful germs.
- This method does not require cleaning chemicals to remove dust and dirt embedded in the carpet.
- Less drying time.
- The steam carpet cleaning method is more complex than the carpet shampooing, because it involves large machinery.